Sunday, January 24, 2010

Liquorice Lip Balm Can A Type 1diabetic Use A Liquorice Lip Balm??

Can a type 1diabetic use a liquorice lip balm?? - liquorice lip balm

Now the cold is here, I had a bad outbreak of cold sores. I read in a magazine, a lip balm licorice very motivated to stop the attacks ...... So I bought and used, but I noticed that my BS readings may appear to be higher than normal, the lip balm? The balm is made with natural ingredients and there is no mention of sugar in the bathtub?

5 comments:

Cammie said...

Your lip balm is not the problem. Themselves.It wounds may be infected.
http://www.animated-teeth.com/cold_sores ...
I hope that helps.

old know all said...

It is unlikely that the lip balm, unless - do not eat things. We all tend to eat more when the weather is cold, and you should check if you do not increase the intake of carbohydrates.

Gary B said...

The lip balm should be fine, but cold sore attacks could lower the blood sugar. Cold sores are a form of herpes. Each attack can casue increased systemic glucose levels.

Ask your doctor.

smayrae said...

I am a seasoned type 1 diabetes and lip balm in my life ..... used has no effect:)

smayrae said...

I am a seasoned type 1 diabetes and lip balm in my life ..... used has no effect:)

Post a Comment